This is the second out of a three-part series I am doing on my trip to Montreal that occurred during reading break. The first photo is taken from the balcony of the apartment that I was staying at. This day was really nice as it was nice clear skies and the colours were really vibrant. The second photo is of a little house sparrow taken outside the apartment building. The third photo is of the Biodome which was built for the world fair of 1967 which occurred for Montreal. It is now an environmental museum which focuses on reducing greenhouse gases. The next two photos were taken in the old town of Montreal of what I thought were interesting buildings. The following photo is of the city hall in Montreal with the sun in the background. The next photo I took while I was walking to Notre Dame. I think this is the best photo that I took during this trip. The following five photos are just cityscapes that I took while walking around the town.
The Algonquin backcountry is a wilderness treasured by many people, sometimes too many. Your quiet backcountry escape can sometimes feel more like a car camping site than a rough backcountry site. As a result of this, I wanted to know if it was just because I was bad at picking lakes to camp on or if there was something else behind it. To answer this question, I wanted to know which lakes were the busiest and which were the quietest in any given year. I filled a Freedom of Information request with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks to get the booking data for each “booking zone” for 2024 and 2025. A booking zone is what you see online when you make a reservation. This data provides a lot of information. Easy access lakes are the busiest, while hard to access lakes are often the most quiet ones in the park. The data also shows that lakes such as Burnt Island, which has 43 campsites, are more busy than lakes such as Frank, which only has 1 campsite on it. To try to u...