This year I was able to go up to Red Pine Camp again, but only for a couple of days due to my work schedule. On my drive up I took a rather scenic route that included many lakes and great views. The first photo is of one of the lakes that I saw when I was driving up. The next photo is from just outside my camp cabin which is a farmers hay field which was recently cut and looks amazing in the nice golden hour lighting. The next three photos are all of the same dock that is near my cabin but is just of different angles and with my girlfriend sitting on the dock in a couple of them. The next photo is of a dragonfly that I was able to get up close to down by the waterfront. The following photo is of the tree the camp is named after the red pine out on the point that the camp looks out to. The following two photos are taken on my way home from the camp. The first is of a very beautiful church in a very small town that I passed through and the second is at a lookout that I stopped at on my way home overlooking a lake.
Our latest camping trip was to Murphy's Point Provincial Park on June 19–20. We stayed at site 197, which we'd stayed at before back in 2021. Murphy's Point is great as it's about a 1.5-hour drive from my home in Ottawa, and it's a well-managed and well-kept park. I find there are always people around, but it never books up fully, and the sites are spread far enough apart to make it feel private. We like site 197 as it's a bit on its own, and is right beside a water tap and a short walk to the vault toilets, or a bit longer walk to the comfort station if that's more your style. Once we had camp all set up, we wanted to go for a hike before it rained, as it was calling for scattered storms later that evening. Since my wife and I had been to this park before, we had done most of the trails except for Loon Lake (which is a loop) and McParlan House Trail (which is a there-and-back trail that branches off the Loon Lake Loop). My wife is pregnant, so we wanted som...