Over Christmas break, I took a trip down to Montreal. That was my first time actually stopping in Montreal as I've driven through it on my way out East a number of times but have never actually stopped. I got a hotel in the Old Port part of town on Francois Xavier Street. The first Picture is of a square and surrounding buildings right near where I was staying. The second picture is from inside the Mary Queen of the World Cathedral looking from the entrance to the altar. The third picture is a statue on a square right near the Cathedral. The next picture is actually my favorite one that I took on the trip, it is overlooking the skyline of Montreal. The fifth picture was taken well walking around the city. The sixth and seventh pictures are of Notre-Dame and the former city hall.
Our latest camping trip was to Murphy's Point Provincial Park on June 19–20. We stayed at site 197, which we'd stayed at before back in 2021. Murphy's Point is great as it's about a 1.5-hour drive from my home in Ottawa, and it's a well-managed and well-kept park. I find there are always people around, but it never books up fully, and the sites are spread far enough apart to make it feel private. We like site 197 as it's a bit on its own, and is right beside a water tap and a short walk to the vault toilets, or a bit longer walk to the comfort station if that's more your style. Once we had camp all set up, we wanted to go for a hike before it rained, as it was calling for scattered storms later that evening. Since my wife and I had been to this park before, we had done most of the trails except for Loon Lake (which is a loop) and McParlan House Trail (which is a there-and-back trail that branches off the Loon Lake Loop). My wife is pregnant, so we wanted som...

