Skip to main content

Hunting Camp: Day 2

This is part 3 of the Hunting Camp series that I am doing. Part 3 is about mist. That morning I woke up early because in the past there had always been mist on the lake when I woke up and this time was no different. There was a lot of mist, a lot more than I had seen in the past probably due to the fact I got up earlier than what I normally would have. 
The first two photos are taken from the shore overlooking the main lake we use. The mist is so thick that it is hard to see more than 20 meters out into the lake. However, in these photos, you are still able to see the reflection of the pine trees in the water. The third photo is taken from the dock looking out at the diving platform we have out on the lake. You are also able to see the reflection of the pine trees in this photo as well.
The remaining two mist pictures are taken from the channel that connects the two lakes together. The first photo is looking down towards the main lake that the camp is based on. I like this photo due to the fact you can see the almost perfect reflection in the water of the lone pine tree. The last mist picture is my absolute favourite picture that I took during the trip up to the hunting camp. I just think it has all of the right colours and the right amount of mist and exposure to make it an award-winning picture. It is taken looking out to the other lake that we do not really use. That lake has an island in it that is shown in the picture. The picture also has the same reflections of pine trees that all of the other mist ones did.
The final picture in this blog post is one I took on a walk with my girlfriend. It is of a Red Squirrel sitting on a branch of a pine tree. The Red Squirrel is a very territorial animal and will often chatter at you when you step into its territory which is exactly what this one did to us.
Come back next Sunday for part four of the series. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunting Camp 2023

My yearly trip up to my family's "Hunt Camp" was last weekend. It was a great time seeing the family and seeing the beautiful landscape that it sits on.  Main Lake at the Camp Reflections in the Lake Reflations on the other side of the lake A scenic lookout on the way home Rockingham Church on the way home  

So Many Woodpeckers

Recently I went on a walk in a local wooded area, for most of the walk I didn't see anything other than some Black-Capped Chickadees until near the end when the first came alive. I saw four different species of woodpecker and a giant Raven. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a photo of all of the birds that were there. Then on the walk home from the wooded area, I came across a group of house finches feeding on some berries in a tree, where one posed perfectly in the bright winter sun for me. Mallard Duck from a previous walk. One of many trees with signs of woodpecker activity. Black-Capped Chickadee. Downey Woodpecker. Pileated Woodpecker. Black-Capped Chickadee. Pileated Woodpecker. Pileated Woodpecker. House Finch.  

Driftwood Provincial Park 2023

The first and most likely only camping trip this year was just taken on the July 1st long weekend. It is probably going to be the only trip because we just got a puppy and aren't quite at the stage yet of taking her camping.  In some other news I got a new camera. Henrys was having an trade in event and for once was offering a fair deal. I traded in my Nikon D7200 and got a Sony Alpha a6600 instead. I got a 70-350mm lens and have an 16-50mm lens on order that should hopefully be in mid August. That is currently why all my photos are zoomed in and there is no landscape ones.  Sunset from the beach before the storm. Taken on my Pixel 6 My new camera with zoom lens. Slug basking in sunlight on a rock. Dragon fly resting. Black and White Warbler Red Eyed Vireo  Female American Redstart Ovenbird Mushrooms and Moss. Female Yellow Bellied Sapsucker.