Skip to main content

Mark S Burnham Provincial Park Part 2

Today on my day off I decided I wanted to go for a walk. I hadn't been on a walk for a while in Mark S Burnham so I decided to go there and it did not disappoint. At the park, I was able to see a number of different species and enjoy my walk all without getting eaten alive by bugs.  In the first photo, I had stumbled upon my second eastern garter snake of that day. I was unable to get a photo of the first snake I had seen, however, I was able to with this one before it disappeared under a log. The second photo in this post is of a rather odd tree in my opinion. The whole top of the tree is gone and only two or four branches remain on the entire tree. I had just taken this photo as I thought it was a cool tree but when I looked at it later, the light was amazing. The third photo is of one of the many wood frogs that I had found well walking around they would just hop out of the way from my path and then disappear back into the leaves with their camouflage. The last three photos in this post are of a pair of hairy woodpeckers. I had stopped as I  heard a sound and was looking around for the bird that had made it when one of the woodpeckers appeared so I started snapping photos of it. The second one appeared soon after that and came to the same tree the first one was on before flying away. These two woodpeckers then continued to jump around and what looked like dancing for a couple of minutes well I watched. While this was happening I also noticed a hummingbird of some kind sitting just above me watching what was going on as well. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunting Camp 2023

My yearly trip up to my family's "Hunt Camp" was last weekend. It was a great time seeing the family and seeing the beautiful landscape that it sits on.  Main Lake at the Camp Reflections in the Lake Reflations on the other side of the lake A scenic lookout on the way home Rockingham Church on the way home  

So Many Woodpeckers

Recently I went on a walk in a local wooded area, for most of the walk I didn't see anything other than some Black-Capped Chickadees until near the end when the first came alive. I saw four different species of woodpecker and a giant Raven. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a photo of all of the birds that were there. Then on the walk home from the wooded area, I came across a group of house finches feeding on some berries in a tree, where one posed perfectly in the bright winter sun for me. Mallard Duck from a previous walk. One of many trees with signs of woodpecker activity. Black-Capped Chickadee. Downey Woodpecker. Pileated Woodpecker. Black-Capped Chickadee. Pileated Woodpecker. Pileated Woodpecker. House Finch.  

Driftwood Provincial Park 2023

The first and most likely only camping trip this year was just taken on the July 1st long weekend. It is probably going to be the only trip because we just got a puppy and aren't quite at the stage yet of taking her camping.  In some other news I got a new camera. Henrys was having an trade in event and for once was offering a fair deal. I traded in my Nikon D7200 and got a Sony Alpha a6600 instead. I got a 70-350mm lens and have an 16-50mm lens on order that should hopefully be in mid August. That is currently why all my photos are zoomed in and there is no landscape ones.  Sunset from the beach before the storm. Taken on my Pixel 6 My new camera with zoom lens. Slug basking in sunlight on a rock. Dragon fly resting. Black and White Warbler Red Eyed Vireo  Female American Redstart Ovenbird Mushrooms and Moss. Female Yellow Bellied Sapsucker.